“Art transforms the mundane to the extraordinary”
Ever inspired by the spaces she inhabits, the places she visits and the people she meets, Anukta enjoys freeing the captured images in her mind onto canvas. Her works are a translation of her tryst with the diversity that is India. Versatility is her forte and she enjoys experimenting with various genres and mediums.
Bidding adieu to her corporate avatar of over a decade in multinational corporations and in a top hospitality group, she completed with a certificate of distinction, a two year online Diploma course in drawing and painting from London Art College. Her journey has thus far been exhilarating, with many highs, reflecting her aim which is to explore vignettes of life with and through art.
Anukta’s works adorn various homes and corporate houses across India and worldwide in US, UK, New Zealand and Dubai. Among her notable commissioned works are the one done for ITC Ltd. Hotel’s Division, for their public area. Another – a series of works for a renowned restaurant chain for their London chapter while another was an on-site plein air series for a boutique hotel’s calender in Simla, among several others.
At present her works can be viewed in person at her studio by appointment, or online through a renowned Gallery in Paris, Singulart.com and in India through NDTV‘s Mojarto or via her own website. Her works are also selected as a repository for viewing through Google Book and she owns the copyright of the images.
Highlights : Image of her painting “Magan” has been chosen by the Government of India as a mascot for its recently launched Pan India project called Womaniya on GeM – supporting woman entrepreneurs and SHGs. The image is currently on the home page of the Govt. e market website. In that context, she has been recently felicitated by the Union Minister of Commerce & Industries, Mr. Suresh Prabhu at a National Launch of the project.
One of her paintings from her series “My Brush with Bollywood” found a feature and favourable mention by Shri Amitabh Bachchan in his official blog in February 2018.
She has done an artwork titled ‘Kolkata Kaleidoscope’ for the public area of the newly launched, super luxury hotel ITC Royal Bengal, as part of an art camp hosted by ITC Ltd., comprising some of the the leading artists of Bengal.
The newspaper Millenium Post has done a feature on her art journey and her artwork has been featured in the premium news channel NDTV, among others.
Anukta’s hobbies include active running, trekking and music. These form a food for her soul and make way for a fit body and mind, the two pre-requisites for creativity.
“Grand Queen’s Leadership Award” on International Women’s Day , by Rotary Club, for contribution in field of Art & Creativity – 8th March 2021
- Second Prize for Acrylic painting – by Art Bourse – Jaipur Art Fiesta – Dec 2018
PGDBA – Symbiosis, Pune
Diploma in Hotel Mgmt – IHM, Bangalore/ B.A. in Tourism
Diploma in drawing and Painting– London Art College
Gone are the days when YouTube was only about songs. These days it has become the go-to place for any sort of information and expertise
My Exhibitions Details
olo Exhibitions/ Solo Booth Display
- Jaipur Art Fiesta – Dec 2018, Solo booth
- Solo exhibition – April 2018 – in joint collaboration with a leading boutique dealing with Interior works, Kolkata
- The Art Enclave- October 2016 – Mumbai, Bombay Convention and Exhibition Centre – solo booth at UBM Index International Interiors & Design Fair
- Kala spandan international art festival – February 2016, Nehru Centre, Mumbai, Solo booth
- Chemould Art Gallery- Solo Exhibition titled ‘ Soul Colours’ February 2015
- Hotel Hindustan International, Kolkata – Solo Displays Dec 2013, April 2015
Art Camp– Organised by ITC Ltd. at ITC Sonar, for public area artwork for the soon to be launched hotel ITC Royal Bengal – 16th to 21st Dec, 2018
Commissioned Art assignment – on-site commissioned project of paintings of interiors and exteriors for a boutique hotel in Mashobra ( Simla) – Oct 2016 ( for the premise as well as for calendar illustration ).
- Group Art Exhibition – Muzzavir – Taj Bengal – september 2020
- Solo Art exhibition – ITC Sonar, Kolkata- 6th- 10th September 2019
- World Art Dubai, Dubai- 3rd – 6th April, 2019
- India on Canvas – Nehru Centre, Mumbai – 9th Jan – Feb 4th 2019 – a trio art exhibition organized by self
- India art Festival- Nehru Centre, Mumbai – February 2018
- Exhibition with Bengal Art Foundation – Ram Krishna Mission – May 2018
- Indian Centre for Cultural Relations- ICCR- Oct 2017
- Jaipur Art Summit – Dec 2016
- India Art Festival – Nehru Centre, Mumbai – Nov 2015
- Lokayata Art Gallery- New Delhi – April 2015
- Indian Centre for Cultural Relations- ICCR – August 2013, March 2014, April 2014, June 2014, March 2015, Nov 2016
- Academy of Fine Arts , Kolkata– June 2015 , Jyoti Basu Birth Centenary , July 2018 ( RICE – Russia India Cultural exchange)
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture- Sept 2013, June 2014, Oct 2014
- Chemould Art Gallery – Jan 2014, August 2014
- Sree Art Gallery – May 2014
- Palladian Lounge – Bengal Chamber of Commerce – Sept, 2009
- India Art Festival, Bangalore – May 2022